I/ We agree that do_actions are meant to benefit the local WordPress community through live events and the broader WordPress community through the sharing of online video and other materials.
I/ We agree that a do_action is a casual, locally- and volunteer-organized event, focused on WordPress and reflecting the local WordPress community it represents.
By officially associating myself/ ourselves with do_action as a (speaker/ sponsor/ volunteer/ organiser), I/ We understand that I am/ we are expected to support the WordPress project and its principles.
I/ We understand that the principles of the WordPress project include:
- No discrimination on the basis of economic or social status, race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or disability;
- No incitement to violence or promotion of hate;
- No spammers;
- No jerks;
- Respect the WordPress trademark;
- Embrace the WordPress license; If distributing WordPress-derivative works (themes/ plugins/ WP distros), any person or business officially associated with WordCamp should give their users the same freedoms that WordPress itself provides: 100% GPL or compatible, the same guidelines we follow on WordPress.org;
- Don’t promote companies or people that violate the WordPress trademark or distribute WordPress derivative works which aren’t 100% GPL compatible.
I/We agree that do_actions are not-for-profit events, organized with budget and funding transparency.
I/ We agree that do_actions should be accessible to as many people as possible, regardless of financial status.
I/We agree that I am/ we are not an employee of the WordPress Foundation and am/ are participating in do_action exclusively as a speaker/ sponsor/ volunteer/ organiser.
All Sponsorships are as per the guidelines set forth by the make.WordPress.org team.